template

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Never Again...


Will you see my shoes this white.

After taking me through a few years of walking to school, and an few seasons on the boat including an offshore, my not-so-vey-white-anymore crew shoes finally bit the dust at the end of last season, and after a proper memorial service they were ceremoniously tossed in the dumpster.

What this means is that this year I bought new crew shoes! and while they are blinding right now, (the pristine condition perfect for last weeks AGM...), they soon will be christianed to boat life (first trip tomorrow!) and will start their not-so-very-white life.

Most people wouldn't find this worthy of a picture and much less a posting, but I feel it is a service to the shoes to remember them in all their brilliance.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Thats good that your shoes are blinding. Even if only for one day. It will definitely make people smile.

Anonymous said...

I understand the hardship of having to part with your not-so-very-white-but-much-used-and-loved shoes, as I too have a problem throwing shoes away! I usually let them get old and stinky until they either fall apart or go mysteriously missing (my Mom is quite the cleaner!) Anyway, I can't wait to see your new shoes, Sarah! Also, I love the "Brilliance" comment at the end - quite like Karen!