template

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The "Busy" Season


This is an interesting article written about "busy-ness" A fellow yogi posted it a few days again and I just recently made the time to read it. It's worth a read, and a thought, and perhaps a challenge to yourself....

If you ask me to describe what my day is like with a 9.5 month old at home I would have said "BUSY!" He's keeping me on my toes like never before. Getting into everything and everywhere and when I'm not making a frantic run to keep his hands out of the toilet, diaper bin, or garbage can... I'm probably trying to make enough food to keep up with his insatiable teenager-esque appetite (read: this 9 month old BABY ate two cottage cheese pancakes, a mandarin orange, and a piece of watermelon for breakfast!)

But perhaps upon reflection busy is not the right word. Maybe I should be responding to the question "How's your day/life been?" and actually responding about the day rather than a general feeling.

I'm gonna try this for a month too. Time to open up the vocabulary vault. Stay away from generics like "busy," "crazy," "fine," & "good" and actually take a mindful approach to describing life.







No comments: