template

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back In Shanghai

I'm a real man now, I've climbed the Great Wall. Interesting statistic...if you took apart the wall and re-built it 5 metres high and one metre wide it could circle the Earth. I climbed the part from Jinshanling to Simitai. It was beautiful and not crowded at all so I think I got some great pics...although I can't actually view my blog in China because of some censorship laws I think so I will wait until Japan to post more pictures.
Shanghai is a great city, full of life, but so polluted...my lungs feel coated with grime and I'm sure that the life span here must be shorter because of it. The Yangtze River is disgusting as well, we even saw a fetal pig float by with the umbilical cord still attatched... gross. The water is this sick grey brown and when pumping the head or washing the decks down with it, you can see the discolouration as well. I'll be glad to head back to Japan where everything is a lot cleaner. It has been impossible top find shower or laundry facilities here. A lot of people have rented hotel rooms, so I stole a shower from one of the girls' room, so at least now I feel cleaner.
But don't get me wrong, China is great, and it would be fun to come back and travel around for a while and explore some of the south and western parts...maybe in the summer...

No comments: