template

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh the weather outside is Frightful...

1100H

If you're from Victoria.... I however will take this opportunity to say that I did not grow up in this tropical island city and I can drive in the snow and no you should NOT slam on your brakes when you start to slide! and yes there are still two lanes even if you can't see the dotted line anymore...


I even hauled myself out of bed to be at my yoga class at 0730 to find that whoever had the keys to the studio couldn't get here, so the class had been canceled and they would still be running the 0930 class if I could come back, which I did. And still there were only about 10 people.

Now you are probably thinking that snow if Victoria, does not constitute of "real snow." Well you're right, it will probably be gone by the end of the day, which is why I'm not shoveling my driveway or the sidewalk! I passed at least 30 people out busy shoveling their drives on my way home from yoga. But why? I ask. It's gonna melt and you can get your car out already! Here's some props to the true Victoria who I saw on their bicycle at 730 this morning!


In any case, it started snowing last night and this morning I woke up to a beautiful blanket of white crispness, yes the crunchy kind, and I had to brush off my car (with my mitts, cause who owns a ice scraper here anyways?) Reminds me of Christmas. What a perfect day for the SALTS Christmas party! We are even going caroling in a horse drawn wagon!

1321H

Correction: I was just informed that the Christmas party has been postponed until further notice...

No comments: