template

Friday, December 12, 2008

One Down and One to Go...

So, today was the final day of my "Simulated Electronic Navigation" course at Camosun. The thing with having a class that is a one week (five days) intensive, all day long class, is that you are taught new information on the last day and then expected to write the final (50% of your mark) the last three hours of class.... well I passed, no problems, and I felt confident during the exams as well which is always a good sign. Although I have to say that I have a beef with Transport Canada courses because there were definitely some people in that room who got their certificate who maybe shouldn't have.... I figure if I'm answering peoples questions on how to plot a LAT/LONG and do a simple 60D=ST time formula, then maybe they shouldn't be certified to do advanced radar plotting....just a thought.
So next week I have one more class and then I'm done formal school for a bit and onto more self study for some other Transport Canada Exams, the first of which is actually this coming Monday! Ack!

Other than being back in the school/reading/study mode I have been getting immense enjoyment out of a Bikram Yoga class that I started trying out. Basically it is yoga in a room heated to 105 degrees with about 50-55% humidity. It brings me right back to offshore when you are lying in your bunk and feel the sweat pooling....Okay I know that sounds gross and who in their right mind would voluntarily put themselves through exercise in a heated room, but I LOVE it!

No comments: