template

Monday, September 24, 2007

Under the Knife

Although possibly, more appropriately titled under the q-tip perhaps.... turns out that my ear drum wasn't ruptured after all but that I had wax melted onto it, hence the pain. In the end I had to go into day surgery to have it removed and after fasting and not drinking all day yesterday and not being able to go in I was glad to receive a spot this afternoon. All went well, but they ended up having to take off a layer of my ear drum as well so besides the fact that I'm still doped up feeling my ear is possible more tender and sore than it was before. The good news is that it should heal up in a couple days and then off to Fiji, no problems.

Oh and I'll be out on the boat this week, but have been promised as much as I need to recover (albeit on the boat)...should be okay though, my crew loves me.

No comments: