template

Sunday, June 17, 2007

3 Down, None to Go

Finished! I've been in boat withdrawal lately, although I havent had too much time to worry about it. The last week has been spent at an Advanced Wilderness First Aid course. This is an 80 hour course, the outdoor equivalent of OFA3 if you will. It was a great course, although I'm not used to sitting in a classroom any more, so that part was a stretch, but I got through okay.
I took the course with Slipstream Wilderness First Aid, and one of my favourite parts about this company is that when we practice our skills we do most of the scenarios outside. We spent a lot of the class out at place called Mt. Work doing scenarios in the bush and down by the water at Mckenzie Bight. It was a fun to be learning, but not have to be in the classroom.
The last day(on thursday) was test day. We had three exams to do. A Trauma scenario, and Illness scenario, and a written test. I was really nervous in the morning, mostly because I had never got to do a trauma scenario in the class because I had missed those days to take a trip on the boat, but everything went well. I passed with flying colours and now I have couple years before I have to recertify again.
Now I am back on the boat again tomorrow and have two three day trips before the summer season (ten day trips) starts up again. I also realized, that at the end of this week I will have only 10 trips left before I head to Figi. CRAZY!
Can't wait for the summer to start!
Hope everyone is doing great.
love ya!

No comments: