template

Sunday, June 17, 2007

In Which the She-Wo goes in...Again.

I should also mention, I went in again.... and no I wasn't much more prepared for it this time, than the last. The last trip I did (in the middle of my first aid course) we took the first day and rigged up the main tops'l. The boys were taking a while to furl so I leaned out the aftcabin quarterberth window in an attemp to view their progress when I felt my sunglasses fall off the back of my head! AAAAAAAAH. I quickly turned around and saw them ever so slowly sinking, and not so slowly getting pulled back in the current. So quickly weighing the odds of getting wet versus losing my sunglasses I, after not being able to reach them from the boat) launched myself out of the window and into the ocean. At first I couldn't see the glasses and thoughtI must have pushed them down, but then I looked up and they were floating just above my head. I quickly grabbed them and passed them up to Drew (the first mate) before swimming over to the rope ladder that had been thrown over to me once again.
I maintain that my fate was sealed before I went in, because Drew and Leighsa (the cook) had been taking about how it would be funny if I fell in again, just momements before.

No comments: