template

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

How The Weather Was Supposed To Be

My Grandmother warned my last spring that "winter is a terrible time to go to Sweden, there are no flowers and it is always raining and wet (go figure) and cold!" While the first part of that turned out to be true I didn't quite believe her about the second part until today. I really hadn't excepted there to be any flowers, but I did expect rain and had been pleasantly surprised to have almost none. The last three days however, have not been quite as nice.
Monday was spent in Copenhagen, and after an appropriate start to the day with a danish while in Denmark we were going to take a bus tour to see the Little Mermaid. Now generally as I rule I don't do bus tours, but it was raining so my mother bought the tickets and on we went, her cousin Lisbet and myself , to go stand in the rain to wait for the bus. Well turns out that the bus driver got sick, decided not to go to work and there was no one else in all of Copenhagen that could drive the bus... brings me back to Africa! Anyways. So fine then, we take the city bus down to see the Little Mermaid anyways, I of course need to have a picture with this famous statue! The rest of the day was spent looking at amber... mom went into at least 5 different shops, 4 of which were different locations of the same shop, eating delicious Turkish food, and as Lisbet said that the Danish are fanatic beer drinkers we had to try that too. My conclusion is that it is better in Canada, although Denmark is in the top ten.
Yesterday was a trip to Ales Stenar, a stone henge type idea in the shape of ship. More rain although luckily only while we were driving, and today was spent shopping in Malmö with another of my mother's cousins and her two extremely cute children. I have only three days left and they promise to be just as busy as the rest of the trip and then off the Paris (say that with a french accent please its how I intended it)

1 comment:

Pingvinkvinnan said...

Hello Sarah! Finally I found you. I will read your blog from now. Love, Rebecka (your relative in Lund)