template

Saturday, January 06, 2007

January 6, 2007

Well, yesterday was the 13th day of Christmas, and apparently another reason to party in Sweden! I visited with more of my mother's cousins and my second cousins in Kristianstad. And today I have made the trip to Karlskrona to meet my Father's side of the family. They drove us around a bit and showed me the house and land where my great grandmother was raised, and also on a map the area where my family comes from. They can trace it back to 1658! I got to walk along the Baltic Sea, and even test the waters a bit, and tomorrow I am looking forward to going to a maritime museum here in Karlskrona. Driving in here the town looks like it is floating on the water, because it is so close to the sea. Apparently there is very little tide here so I guess everyone is safe until global warming sets in... Also have been chatting a ton with my third? cousin who just came back for a 4 month sailing trip on the Götenburg III from Shanghai to Singapore. Very Exciting!

No comments: