template

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

19. When Chuck Norris does yoga...

Please complete the sentence...

I honestly didn't ever think that the two would go together, but my teacher tonight thought that one of the students had a resemblance to this reknowned roundhouse kicker and proved me wrong managing to bring "Chuck Norris" into our practice a least 5 times that I can recall. (Only one thing wrong. In the reference to his mother telling him to go outside and dig a hole, and then Chuck Norris digs a hole to China and comes back three weeks later with a black belt in Tae-Kwon Do: Tae-Kwon Do is Korean not Chinese....)

Aside from all things Chuck Norris.... Class 19 was a great one. I really feel like I'm getting into my groove again. It's amazing how much doing the yoga revitalizes me. Coming into the room is immediately calming. About ten minutes before I left my house to come to class tonight I was curled up in bed hiding under the covers, exhausted from a physical day at work, and feeling like maybe I should just take a break tonight and pull a double on the weekend... But I managed to get myself out the door and as soon as I got into the room it just felt right. It's so great to be able to do something, even at the end of a long day, that energizes and relaxes me all at the same time.

I knew it would be a good class as soon as I hit the first backward bend. I just had this great release of all my tension and nothing matter but breathing and working through each posture as they came. I love classes like that!

I'm also sold on the "no water" theory. Tonight was three classes in a row and the new challenge was to not even bring my water bottle in the room. Previously I had always had it in the room, you know, "just in case." It just felt safer that way somehow, but it was unnecessary and I'm enjoying the challenge and focus of a practice without it.

No comments: