template

Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Week Left

Well. Here we are. 23 down and 7 to go.

4 days ago I would've said that it felt like this challenge was rushing by, but the last few classes have made it seem like I have a long way to go yet. Today's class was a bit of a turnaround though. Mentally, it felt a lot better than the last couple and physically I was going strong until the last two or three poses. This is a vast improvement on the past couple of days, although still not back to where I want to be again.

It has been really interesting to watch the progression of each class in the challenge thus far and how different things outside of the hot room affect my class. Some classes have whizzed by so fast I felt like I was barely in the room at all, and others have dragged on forever. I wish I enjoyed the classes that dragged on forever more than the the ones that pass quickly, but that is not the case.

When classes get difficult, or hot, or you are tired you have to focus on the posture and the correctness of your form. It can be the hardest thing to do though. You just want to think about how hot or uncomfortable you are, how you wish it was over, or the fans were on, or the door was opened for a few seconds... One of the instructors said once "Don't change the posture, just change your mind. It's easy."

Yeah...right...

But if it's all about intent and intensity, then I guess you don't have to master the mental challenges right away just as you wouldn't expect to master the physical ones.

No comments: