template

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

25 down and 5 to go

Well only five classes left... I'm not sure what I'm going to do when all this is over? I need to celebrate! I'll take a day off, but then I'll probably go into withdrawal...

Both yesterday and tonight's classes were great. Back on track with energy levels and still feeling good about being in class. I'm soooooo close to touching my forehead to my toes, just a couple centimeter's away... I even stayed extra after class tonight to try again, to no avail, but I KNOW that SOMEWHERE between my feet and my head I can find the extra half inch that I need. I WILL do it before this challenge is over!

In general I'm really starting to see and feel the connections between the breath and postures to a greater degree. If you can control your breathing, you can control your posture; filling your lungs and then stretching on the exhale, it feels amazing to go that extra little bit that the release of your breath allows.

One posture that this has been really evident in lately is Rabbit Pose. This posture seemed so weird to me at first... I used to feel a lot of pressure in my neck/cervical spine when I started doing this pose, but now I can really feel it in the rest of my back as I exhale and push my hips more up and round out my spine more and more. It took me a while to "get" this pose, but now I look forward to it as a release after doing Camel (which is one of the deepest backward bends in the series). It also happens to fall very close to the end of the entire series so it's a mark of being close to the finish as well.

My marks have changed as my practice has, but there are always some postures you use to mark different parts of the series as you go and you look forward to one, and then challenge yourself more as you work through a posture that is more difficult. Each class is different though, so you just have to remember to breath through everything and acknowledge each class for what it is that day.

No comments: