template

Monday, February 01, 2010

Day 2

I love hot yoga. It's been decided. Well actually it was decided pretty much the first time I stepped into the room. It felt like the tropics all over again, the warmth is so relaxing. Tonight's class was actually cool by comparison, at least that's what I felt, but in all honesty where one person feels a class is cool another will tell you that it was the hottest class they've ever taken! Every class is different depending on how you treated your body that day. Did you drink enough water? What and when did you eat? Did you sleep well the night before? etc...
The water thing is one of the biggest challenges outside of the room. If you are dehydrated before you get into the studio then good luck staying upright for the class. I've been to class before when I haven't had enough to drink during the day and I've gotten so dizzy I can't stand up for all the poses, or I get crazy pounding headaches when we are doing postures on the floor when I bring my head up from being down below my heart. It's bad. Drink enough water everyone! (even if you aren't doing hot yoga everyday)

No comments: