template

Friday, February 12, 2010

Two Weeks - I'd rather be in Acapulco!

Quote of the day: Motion is the Lotion for your joints. - David

Ok, so for those of you who think I'm superstitiously avoiding number 13, it's not true, yes I DID do a class yesterday, but I did completely forget to blog about it. Which is a surprise actually because it was really a turn around class as far as the stiffness I've been experiencing in my hips. It really started to release yesterday and more-so today. I'm back on track to increase of flexibility, but with the added bonus of more correct form. Because I was experiencing a really deep, painful at some points, stiffness in my hips I had to really start focusing on the posture and correctness more which has totally improved my overall practice.

Tonight's class was actually the first class that I've been able to do with my sister since we started this 30 day challenge together. It was great to be able to practice together and the class was a great one. It was small enough so it wasn't crazy hot and the instructor, David, was pulling some hilarious one-liners. It was all I could do to not start busting in the middle of class and at one point I definitely did and Diana did too and then the whole class was laughing...oops! He was using this analogy. If you ride a bike for 90 minutes and stretch for 5 min before and after, then you are slowing going to start increasing tension in your hamstrings, and then your back, and your traps, and then you'll get migraines, and you won't be able to tie your shoes, and then not be able to zip up your pants, and then eventually you just won't be able to move at all...Motion is the Lotion for your joints.
(Maybe you had to be there, but when he finally got to not being able to move I lost it, it's just so ridiculous...but there is truth there too I suppose)


There were quite a few other witty remarks made, some poking a bit of fun at one of the other teachers, then at the end he was saying how Peter (one of the other instructors) did his training in Acapulco and it was actually hotter outside the room than inside, so....

"It could be worse, you could be in Acapulco!"

No comments: