template

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eighteen.

First and most importantly: Happy 21st Birthday to my Sister!!!!

And we got to do another class together tonight which is always fun. Tonight's class was number two without water and I'm still enjoying it. So far I've still have my water bottle in the room, but maybe I'll try tomorrow without even bringing it in... I really do think that it increases the intentionality and focus of my practice without the water. I'll keep going "sans H20" for a bit here and see how I like it.

I'm starting to feel like the the finish line is coming up and I'm getting excited about having the end in sight, despite the fact that I will miss it and probably go into withdrawal at first... One of the major goals that I would love to attain by the time this challenge is over is touching my head to my toes in Stretching Pose I'm so close, about a thumbs width away, so I think I can do it. I've been that far away for a while now though and then regressed during my period of hip-stiffness, so I'm just getting back to that depth within the last two days, hopefully this road keeps heading upwards.

You know it's funny; I make these little goals for myself in the different postures, and I'm a fairly competitive person, but something I really enjoy about the class is the lack of competitiveness while we are practicing. It's not about who can bend themselves into a pretzel and you really don't even notice the people around you, but at the same time there is a group energy that happens when everyone is doing everything at the same time. They say it is an "awake meditation" which is a pretty accurate description; it is a very intensely focused 90 minutes.

No comments: