template

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Two-Sixths

New favourite pose! Well actually it's not that new, it's one that I've really been working hard on the past few months. The pose is called Bow Pose. Now that picture is a bit insane, I'm not quite their yet...but I'm working on it! I love it thought and lately I've been get this really fantastic "burn" in my quads.

In this posture, you can't rely on gravity to help your back curve and push your legs up. So you really have rely on your legs and butt muscles to kick up there. You need to let your arms be pulled back so you can't use your arm muscles at all and ideally you must keep your knees, legs and feet no more than six inches apart. I love the process of breathing through it and on every exhale getting just a little bit deeper.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa (*sigh of bliss) :)

No comments: