template

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Class 6 AND 7!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, two classes in one day, actually two classes back to back, phew....

So I came to the realization a few days ago that towards the end of the month there are two days when I will not be able to attend any yoga classes. One due to the AGM for SALTS! (p.s. everyone come! or at least come for after; we will having the premier for the Pacific Odyssey documentary) and the next night I'm going to be cooking for Street Cafe.

In any case, it means that two days this month I need to double up my classes, so I got myself all geared up yesterday to do two classes in a row. I have done two classes in a day before but they were very spread apart (6am and 745pm) so this was a new kind of challenge and I figured it would be a good time to try because I had Michelle and Alysson were meeting me for the second class so there'd be some people there to push me a bit.

Okay, so first class: Great, a little on the warmer side. After my first class I wasn't sure if I had made a smart decision to stay and do another, but once I got out into the cooler air I perked right up again. So I drank about half a litre of apple juice and a good liter of water and I was geared up to go again half an hour later.

Second class: I was tired! But I was excited to have Ida Ripley teaching the class (she was the silver medalist in the Hatha Yoga Championships); I have never had her as a teacher but have practiced in the same class as her before and she is quite inspiring to watch. She was a great teacher and good at pushing me when I was feeling tired and weak. Her repetitive line throughout the class was "Don't give up on yourself." I could especially feel it in my arms in the standing series. It was hard to even hold my arms above me head. I pushed through quite a bit, but had to take a knee a couple times. Once we hit the floor thought I felt great. You know how during a long run you can get a "runner's high" and you feel like you can go forever? Well this was like a yoga high, it was a great way to finish the second half of the class and awesome to have some friends there doing it with me. Plus! Since it was a Karma Class all the proceeds from the class went to Haiti, so doing good for yourself and globally at the same time, is there a better combo? ;)

No comments: