template

Friday, February 19, 2010

Two Thirds + 1

I can't believe I missed blogging yesterday! It was such a landmark class in the grand scheme of thirty days! Alas...

My reflection on today is about differences.

It is amazing how different one day and one class can be from another. Yesterday's class number twenty was an amazing class. It felt fantastic and really focused and intense. Beautiful yoga.

Today my class was one of the harder ones I have ever had. I felt nauseous, weak, and tired and it was all I could to go from one pose to the next. After Stick Pose, which is the 5th out of 26, I pretty much wanted to just give up and not do anything... I did managed to push myself through all the poses, but it was probably the most mentally challenging classes I have ever had.

I know why the difference was, and it is an eye-opener to see how everything in your day affects everything else. Diet for example: Yesterday I ate really healthily, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables at every meal and tons of water. Today there was lots of water too, but I had a grilled sandwich for lunch, a sugary mocha, a giant cookie... it was "Bean Friday," it's tradition! Also, mood. Yesterday was fun and less stressful and I was in great relaxed mood when I got to class. Today was fun and productive, but I was in a bad mood by the end of the day and in a rush to get to class and it made a difference.

So. Lesson learned. Eat well.

Live. Laugh. Love. Yoga.

No comments: